Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cheese Ravioli

This was my first attempt at ravioli with my new pasta toys: the KitchenAid pasta roller, which I reviewed earlier, and the Norpro ravioli maker. I couldn’t believe how much easier it was compared to my first attempt in Ravioli with Sarah.

First, I made the basic pasta dough and rolled it out with the pasta roller.


Then, I made ravioli shapes using the Norpro ravioli maker. You can find step-by-step instructions for how to use the ravioli maker here.


Next, I filled the ravioli with cheese filling (the recipe for this is at the end of the post).


After the ravioli had dried sufficiently, it was time to cook them. Add them to boiling water for 7-8 minutes.




Some of the ravioli burst open while cooking, but the ones that held it together were mighty tasty!



Cheese filling for Ravioli
Fills 24 Ravioli

Ingredients:

1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup shredded Romano cheese
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons salt

Directions:

Mix ingredients all together.
Refrigerate until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment