Monday, March 19, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: KitchenAid Pasta Roller Attachment


I got a new toy recently, the KitchenAid pasta roller attachment. It is amazing! The device is really easy to use, not too difficult to clean, and fun!


On the side of the roller is a dial to select how thick you want the dough. The instructions say to start with the widest setting, which is 1, and then work up to the desired thinness.The thinnest you can go is 8, which is crazy thin!




I made basic pasta dough (more to come on this later). After the dough had rested, I divided it into fourths then shaped each piece into a disc. After using the pasta roller for a little while, I realized that smaller sections of dough go through the roller better.


To use the roller, I placed one of my dough discs in the top and turned the KitchenAid on.

FUN FACT: Passing the dough through the rollers is done in place of kneading. The rollers do the work for you! 

I ran the dough through the roller a few times on setting 1 and the dough really started to smooth out.


The simplicity and ease of use of this product makes it a necessity, not a want, of every kitchen. Everyone needs one of these so they can make delicious homemade pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment