Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PASTA: Basic Pasta Dough


A little while ago a friend gave me a bottle of garlic infused grape seed oil to try. The fragrant aromas remind me of Italian food and what is more Italian than pasta! I used this oil in the dough recipe below and it turned out fabulous!


I made a basic pasta dough recipe (see recipe below) to try ravioli again. You can see my first attempt here. There will be more to come on how the ravioli turned out this time.

The pasta roller was a huge help in rolling out the dough this time. The difference was unbelievable! This pasta recipe is super simple, but it turned out very flavorful

Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! Who knew homemade pasta was so easy!


Basic Pasta Dough

2 cups flour
2 eggs
¼ cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together until a soft dough forms.

Knead by hand for about 1 minute to smooth out the dough.

Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest for about 30 minutes.

After the dough rests it is now ready to be made into pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment