Thursday, January 5, 2012

Off to a rocky start

Ok, I’m reading through the first recipe and it says to bake the dough in a baking canister or an old coffee can. 

What in the world is a baking canister!?! The author uses some kind of glass canister that looks like it should be used in a laboratory. 

I’ve looked everywhere I can think of so if anyone knows where to get one please chime in.

 

I’m skeptical of a coffee can, but when I looked it up on the interwebs, the powers that be, say it is safe to cook in. 

In my “textbook” the author talks about how in the 1950’s people used coffee cans for baking, either because they didn’t have other pans or these were just convenient. 

I tried baking just the cans in the oven and they worked out great! Now I am encouraged to start the first recipe.

Here it goes . . . . this is so exciting . . . . stay tuned and cross your fingers for me  :)

3 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so funny that you talked about this because Andrew's mom has old bread pans that are two pieces that close together and the bread comes out exactly like it would from a coffee can! I always wondered why there would be bread pans like that. It makes sense now! http://www.webstaurantstore.com/4-loaf-crimped-round-bread-pan-set-1-lb/327908514.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pans look neat. I like that there is a 6 quantity minimum!

    ReplyDelete